Dear Friend of The Vintage Contessa,
We are so thrilled that you are thinking of buying a Hermes piece from The Vintage Contessa! We understand how much of a concern it is to purchase something so special online, and we would like to take this opportunity to reassure you.
The Vintage Contessa is unique, personally purchasing every item that we then offer to our customers. This means that each and every piece is not only rigorously inspected by our team of experienced specialists before we purchase it, but also that it is housed in our showroom, until it comes to live with you.
Other websites can work on a consignment model, which means that they may not have seen the items they are selling, instead the items are shipped directly to you by a dealer who could be anywhere in the world. This means that authenticity checks are not as thorough and that items can be in poor condition with misleading photographs.
We are proud to unconditionally stand by both the authenticity and the quality of everything in our collection. Every piece you buy will come to you in the condition described on the website, and with our authenticity guarantee enclosed in the package. Here is a short checklist of just some of the authenticity checks we make on your Hermes bag. Visit our authenticity database to find out more.
- The bag presents the highest standards of craftsmanship
- The bag has an embossed stamp, in perfect alignment
- The date code stamp is present
- If it is an exotic skin, the skin code stamp is present
- The colour of the bag matches one of the existing Hermes colourways
- The stitching on the bag is flawless and in perfect alignment
- If a lock is present, it has been engraved with both ‘Hermes’ and the number of the matching keys
- If a set of keys are present, they have been engraved with the same number as seen on the matching lock
- If a key clochette is present, it has been made from one piece of leather rather than two pieces
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to call us on 713.977.7297 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to an authenticity specialist.
P.S You are going to look FABULOUS with that bag!