All U.S. orders under $10,000.00 may be paid by PayPal or major credit card. Please note: All duties and taxes are the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Contact your local customs office PRIOR to bidding - purchasing for information and an estimate of duties and taxes. We cannot ship as GIFT or at a FALSE value. All international orders returned to The Vintage Contessa because the delivery was refused or the duties and/or taxes were not paid will incur a 5% restocking fee
Please note: if paying by credit card, a fax machine will be required in order to provide authorization and verification information. All orders shipped within the state of Texas will be charged 8.25% state sales tax on the total order, including shipping.
We offer competitive pricing based upon condition, rarity, desirability, and availability. Due to the fact many pieces from our collection are purchased from trusted International sources, prices may vary due to fluctuating foreign currency fluctuation.
ONLINE RETURN POLICY:
-Any on-line PRE-OWNED pieces purchased from us may be returned, provided that you notify us of your intention to do so within three (3) days of receipt of the order, request a Return Authorization number, and return the item immediately, in the condition in which it was received, including all boxes, dust bag, papers, etc. The merchandise MUST BE RETURNED VIA UPS AIR EXPRESS (overnight), insured for the full purchase price. The Return Authorization number must be noted on the outside of the package. Any item returned without a Return Authorization number will not be accepted. We will not be responsible for responsible for lost packages. Upon receipt of the returned item, in the condition in which it was sold, we will refund the purchase price, less shipping.
-The return privilege does not apply to special ordered items or custom work performed in addition to the listing or the sale. All custom or special orders are final.
-Unfortunately, new pieces are not eligible for return. This is to insure that what you are receiving is 100% unworn in factory original condition. We want you to know that these items have not been sent out, worn and returned. When you see any item listed as unused or new, you can be confident the piece you are receiving is in factory mint condition.
IN STORE RETURN POLICY:
-An in store purchase can only be returned the following day in the same condition in which it was received including box, dust bag, lock, keys, plastic, hang tags, etc for in store credit only. In store purchases will only be accepted the day following the purchase.
-If you have any questions regarding our return policy, please feel free to ask.
Refund payments made via bank wire transfer are subject to fees assessed by bank services. All payments must be made in US dollars. All refunds will be made in US dollars. We are not responsible for and will not compensate for any fluctuations in currency exchange/conversion rates.
THE VINTAGE CONTESSA AUTHENTICITY GUARANTEE
- The Vintage Contessa and experienced specialists inspect every item purchased in our inventory and listed for sale.
- We unconditionally guarantee the authenticity of every piece we purchase and sell.
- We further attest to the authenticity of each piece, PURCHASING every item in our inventory as opposed to consigning them.
- We will only carry brands that maintain the highest standards of quality, name recognition and craftsmanship.
- Every piece will arrive on your doorstep in the condition described, and as seen photographed on our site.
- We implement a ZERO-TOLERANCE, anti-counterfeit policy.
- 100% money back guarantee.
- We procure from international sources that are experienced, trusted purveyors
- Each luxury handbag and accessory undergoes a multistep inspection prior to being purchased and sold.
- We compare the quality of workmanship in the overall piece
- Symmetry of design
- Stitching consistency and accuracy
- Hardware finish
- Consistency of authenticity stamp
- Manufacturer's serial numbers
- Date codes and holograms
- Smell of leather
- Wear of the piece
- Patina of leather in relation to the wear of the bag
- Style and color of the bag was made by the designer represented
* For specific questions on our authentication process please contact us at 713.977.7297.
We cannot answer questions about the value, worth, authenticity, identification, history, age, origin, authenticity, markings, pattern or other specifics about an item you have. However, we suggest you ask a qualified appraiser.
- We use high-end photographic equipment to photograph all of our products. However, we do not guarantee the colors are represented accurately.
- Every item listed by The Vintage Contessa is reviewed for imperfections, and reconditioned if necessary. Overall condition reports are listed within the itemized descriptions of each piece listed.
- The following is a general guideline for the condition reports shown with each product descriptions.
- For pre-owned, vintage, estate or antique items, keep in mind that many items listed could be subject to shelf wear, nicks, dents, or scratches. We are not the original owners of the merchandise and make a special effort to identify any flaws or blemishes.
- We make no claims or warranties as far as merchantability or origin of product other than what is described in the listing.
LIKE NEW - Product is new with tags, box, plastic or papers still attached.
EXCELLENT - Product is in exceptional condition, and shows no significant signs of wear, but is not new (direct from manufacturer). There are little perceivable flaws.
VERY GOOD -Product is gently used or worn, but has been well maintained. There may be small markings, scratches or light signs of use. Leather, skin or metal may exhibit light signs of patina.
GOOD - Merchandise shows signs of wear, but overall appearance is still quality. Interior of handbags may have slight stains or spots but there are no significant flaws (ie: tears, abrasions or dark stains). Leather may show signs of creasing and/or patina especially at corners or bottom of bag. Metal may show signs of wear.
FAIR - Handbag or jewelry may need reconditioning or repair. Flaws are showcased with photos. Items in this category are final sale.
Absolutely no returns are accepted.
All of our contemporary watches include a full one year warranty from date of purchase. Vintage watches and pocket watches come with our 1 year warranty. This warranty covers any mechanical issues including timekeeping or malfunctions. Warranty does not cover broken crystals, damage caused by water or any damage caused by abuse or neglect.