The Vintage Contessa & Times Past authenticity guarantee.
- The Vintage Contessa and experienced specialists inspect every item purchased in our inventory and listed for sale.
- We unconditionally guarantee the authenticity of every piece we purchase and sell.
- We further attest to the authenticity of each piece, PURCHASING every item in our inventory as opposed to consigning them.
- We will only carry brands that maintain the highest standards of quality, name recognition and craftsmanship.
- Every piece will arrive on your doorstep in the condition described, and as seen photographed on our site.
- We implement a ZERO-TOLERANCE, anti-counterfeit policy. 100% money back guarantee.
- We procure from international sources that are experienced, trusted purveyors
Each luxury handbag and accessory undergoes a multistep inspection prior to being purchased and sold.
We compare the quality of workmanship in the overall piece and the following traits:
- Symmetry of design
- Stitching consistency and accuracy
- Hardware finish
- Consistency of authenticity stamp
- Manufacturer’s serial numbers
- Date codes and holograms
- Smell of leather
- Wear of the piece
- Patina of leather in relation to the wear of the bag
- Style and color of the bag was made by the designer represented
For specific questions on our authentication process please feel free to contact us or give us a call at 713.977.7296
- We use high-end photographic equipment to photograph all of our products. However, we do not guarantee the colors are represented accurately.
- Every item listed by The Vintage Contessa is reviewed for imperfections, and reconditioned if necessary. Overall condition reports are listed within the itemized descriptions of each piece listed.
- The following is a general guideline for the condition reports shown with each product description.
- For pre-owned, vintage, estate or antique items, keep in mind that many items listed could be subject to shelf wear, nicks, dents, or scratches. We are not the original owners of the merchandise and make a special effort to identify any flaws or blemishes.
- We make no claims or warranties as far as merchantability or origin of product other than what is described in the listing.
LIKE NEW – Product is new with tags, box, plastic or papers still attached.
EXCELLENT – Product is in exceptional condition, and shows no significant signs of wear, but is not new (direct from manufacturer). There are little perceivable flaws.
VERY GOOD – Product is gently used or worn, but has been well maintained. There may be small markings, scratches or light signs of use. Leather, skin or metal may exhibit light signs of patina.
GOOD – Merchandise shows signs of wear, but overall appearance is still quality. Interior of handbags may have slight stains or spots but there are no significant flaws (ie: tears, abrasions or dark stains). Leather may show signs of creasing and/or patina especially at corners or bottom of bag. Metal may show signs of wear.
VINTAGE – Handbag or jewelry may need reconditioning or repair. Flaws are showcased with photos. Items in this category are final sale.